Wednesday, February 04, 2015

I AM AN IGNORANT!

Yes, no pictures today. Yes I have not been writing for a very long time.

It just happened that end of last year, I went to a country that actually hurts my feeling, leaving me confused and empty. Yes empty.... and numb. It all started when I visited a Mosque, and listened to the Tourist Guide informing us of the history. The Mosque and its compound was a killing field.

My mind just could not comprehend. How can mankind, slaughter not hundreds, nor thousand but hundred of thousands, if not million of its own kind? From 1917 to 1937, hundred thousands (If not million) of men, women and children were massacred in all the major cities of that country. All because of ideology, race or religion.

This year, I visited another country. This time, I visited a former school converted to a prison camp. From 1975 to 1979, millions were tortured and massacred; babies, children, men and women across the country. I saw the pictures and felt nausea. My head was spinning. At times I am short of breath. Looking at those gaunt pictures of men, women and children, before they were tortured and mercilessly killed.

Somehow, somewhere out there, there are human beings, that keeps on  beating the drums of hatred among we humans, encouraging, burning the desire, of human killing or exterminating other human. Kind of sad, when these humans wore mask as saviors and heroes to these people and nation, yet, they were the mastermind. Those unseen puppeteers.

I pray for peace. Respect life at its purest form. If I sway from my path, please remind me and put me on the straight path again.


2 comments:

kawaii_desu said...

Hi Atok!!! I miss ur ramblings...

shell said...

Hi dg! 🤘🏻


Origin