Monday, October 08, 2007

Pay It Forward.

Pay It Forward was a book written by Catherine Ryan Hyde, which was later made into a movie. Pay It Forward Foundation was established later to champion the project. Please refer this article in Star 6th October, 2007.

Honestly, I have not read the book, nor I have seen the movie, but I have heard of it before. So as I happen to promote doing deeds and kindness starting this month of Ramadhan this article grabbed my attention. If they can start a foundation, caring Malaysian can start one too. Caring Malaysian can be better.....

Let me elaborate on what I did,

1) Smile to my neighbor. This happened I guess it was because of the Adik Nurin tragedy. We should be more kind and getting to know our neighbor(s), especially if they happen to be one sexy lady.....

2) Helping the blind cross a busy street. It happened in the jam in Jalan Raja Laut. A blind leading a blind, got confused when they were trapped in-between two vehicles. I just happened to be there are the right time, and guide them to the other side of the street. To the vehicle that stopped right in the middle of the pedestrian crossing, sir and madam, please have heart to the blind....

3) Saying thank you. It is becoming a habit, saying thank you, to the toll collector, to the person taking order in the fast food restaurant, to whoever that is kind to me, especially if it is a pretty lady.... hehehe....

4) Picking (saving) up a puppy from a drain. For two nights in a row, I can hear a dog barking every time I came home late..... then on the third day I came back early. I still can hear the barking. When around to look for the dog, a few meters away I saw a puppy in the drain, at a ledge looking tired and hungry. Three days stuck in the drain, luckily it did not rained! I was unsure what to do, finally took a thrown away plank and elevate the puppy out off the drain.... it ran away immediately.. at least it was still strong...

5) Giving talk and advice to unfortunate kids. This has been my project for more than 7 years. I was from a poor background. I can relate to these kids. Most of them, actually are from family background that cant even afford a proper school shoe. So, some of my friends they look after the financial needs. Me, being also, "just enough", gave my time for them. Not much just once a month on the first Saturday. This might be my final year.... need to get some other people the chance to take my place... and I am thinking of making something bigger.... maybe giving talks and advice to teenagers that are facing issues in their life.... maybe...

Well, will be doing other small small things like what Pay It Forward is doing.... paying meals for strangers, washing strangers cars, etc.... But as everything is limited for me (time, money, etc) I just stick to smaller smaller things first....

As 15th of October is my birthday.... Yeah! I would like all of u that reads this, do something good on that day.... Yeah for strangers like me..... I will be grateful if all of u do good deeds to strangers as a gift for my birthday....

P/S: Just for your info, I do not celebrate my Bday, because I do not want to, and we were poor.... but now, I want to do good on my Bday.... and I hope all of you will too, as much as possible... Make our life better by helping others to make their life a little bit better..... Hehehe... I am writing too much today!

5 comments:

trueblue said...

Hello..Nak wish Happy Birthday awal2. Takut tak sempat nanti :)

ubisetela said...

happy advance birthday DG!

Btw, does that mean the unpretty & non-sexy ladies deserve less smiles and thank yous? *sigh*

terrarosa said...

Libra like me ?
using Xpax or not ? keh..keh..keh..

Dade Ghost said...

TB thank you so much I really appreciate it...

Ubi thanks too, for your info all women in the world are sexy and pretty...(Dasar buaya darat!)

Terra u also work as a Librarian?? Same2 la kita.... not using Xpax... so no free sms...

kawaii_desu said...

birthday? yg ke berapa tu?? hehehe

if smile is considered as a good deed yes hari2 i buat baik... tapi...

huhuhu i agree on sticking to smaller things first... bagusnya u DG tlg the helpless puppy...

i takut anjing... puppy maybe i tlg but kalau bapak dog i think twice kot...

huhuhu


Origin