Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Dicing with death.

Long time ago, I was informed that the Dodo birds were an extinct species. Will the human race be extinct too?

20 years ago, I hardly sees any motorcyclist beating the traffic lights. Maybe, there are not many traffic lights in our cities?

10 years ago, I can see some motorcyclist beating the traffic lights now and then. Perhaps they are late for their funeral?

Nowadays, I can see motorcyclist beating the traffic lights at every traffic light I stopped. (Of course, if it was manned by a policeman, they will not beat that traffic light!). And I wonder why do this motorcyclist keep on beating the traffic lights? Is this one of the reason, the high accident and road death of motorcyclist in Malaysia?

I have always asked myself, what can I do to curb this unwanted and dangerous situation? Maybe, just maybe, if some of us, in our spare time or moment, we take videos of this incidents and put it up online? Youtube maybe? Perhaps have a common blog manned by those interested to curb this foul happenings, including queue jumping on busy roads, road bullies etc....

Just thinking out loud. I am sure there will be some drawback with my idea, but if some of us put our mind together.... maybe we personally have the power to change these situations that beset our daily routine on the roads of Malaya......

No comments:


Origin