Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Boo Boo Wachamacallit.

After 9 pm last Friday.

My phone vibrated.... (Yup my phone never rings....)

Me: Hello.
Wachamacallit: Inspector so-n-so from so-n-so.
Me: Yes how can I help you....(Thinking inside my head, who is trying to pull a fast one on me....?)
Wachamacallit: Is that DG from so-n-so?
Me: Yes inspector...
Wachamacallit: We received a report that your company have ......... blah blah blah...
Me: Really inspector? Our contractor must have done it without realising it.... (Now what? Is this real or what? The inspector was actually stuttering ...)
Wachamacallit: Please call back the authorities involved and the complainant. My advice is for you to settle the matter amicably.
Me: How do I get hold of you after this? Can I call you at this number?
Wachamacallit: You may call me at this so-n-so police station. As for so-n-so.
Me: Thank you inspector (How come I am so cool, but the inspector sounds so unlike a policeman?)

So the next thing to do was to do some simple checking with my supervisor. Ermm... it actually happened. I am lucky I did not berated the not so confident inspector.

Tried to settle the matter, but to no avail. The reporting party would not take my call or return my smses. Boss gave me 48 hours starting Monday to settle the matter. I have less than 24 hours left.

I wonder what is in store for me today? Bed of roses, beautiful, but full of thorns...

6 comments:

Nurul Abid said...

Isn't life like that. Bed of roses full of thorns. Hope everything will turn out fine...

aez82 said...

laa..i tot u gonna write abt gotcha-call frm hitz.fm..
anyway, all the best in solving ur matters ya..

kawaii_desu said...

huhu...

aiya tok... ur talking bout the new company kan??

bed of roses? which kind of remionds me of KH...

Dade Ghost said...

Nurul in time all will be fine. Thanks for the wishes...

Aez82 about what? Sorry la, I do not follow the latest tune...

KD yup. Looks like when it rain it pours!

Faze said...

reminds me of an old Bon Jovi song ;

I want to lay you on a bed of roses
For tonite I sleep on a bed on nails
I want to be just as close as the holy ghost is
And lay you down on bed of roses

Dade Ghost said...

Faze I think I want to change from DG to HG aka Holy Ghost.


Origin