Monday, November 26, 2007

Children : Please do not do it at home.....

Case I

As usual, when I have nothing much to do on weekends, I started to repair some faulty or not up to standard electrical appliances.

So last Saturday was my hot shower turn. It has been dripping as though something was stucked somewhere it the piping. Just a few months back I had opened up the piping system and the hot shower itself.

It seems that the water supply actually carry lots of small miniature stones, which will get stuck in the piping system, and in the hot shower itself! So I have done the cleaning a few months back, including the one at my kitchen sink. All clogged up by the water supply, which led me thinking, what is happening to our water supplier?

This time around, I think I was over confident, as I have opened up the hot shower previously.

All went well, actually found out the problem. Eventhough, I only found the cause after dismantling the plumbing and the hot shower unit! Apparently, the gasket in the shower head was worn out. Changed the gasket, and the shower was back to normal. Ermm... First lesson, check for worn out components before doing major dismantling.

As I was about to put back the cover of the shower unit, I realised there was one pin, that I have forgotten to put back. NORMALLY, I would have switched off the main power supply, but as I was over confident and lazy, I thought to myself, it is just a small pin that I have to put back.

So I just slide back the pin..... For a fraction of a second, there was a sharp pain in my finger! Instantly I pulled back my hand. In that split seconds I realised, what a stupid action I have done.... RULE NO. 1 when opening any electrical appliance: There must be no power supply to it!

Such a small action, and yet, it could have been the end of my life....


Case II.

Any of you guys have gone to IKEA? Going out from IKEA going back to Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, you will have to drive to the highway. From IKEA there will be three lanes. Once you about to enter the highway, it will merge into one lane!! Anyone noticed that???

As I was happily driving to office this morning, going thru that stretch of road, I noticed a lorry from my rear driving very fast on my left. As I enter the bend that merge with the highway, on the left most lane of the highway, I can see a proton driving fast on my right!

I slammed the brake, luckily there was no car right behind me! The lorry passed by happily and turn into the highway. The proton passed by happily cutting right in front of me going to the left towards the entrance of the highway to TTDI, Bangsar and Federal Highway...... (Notice that I know where the highway was going, but do not know the name of the highway? Well thats me! I only know Federal Highway.).

Boths vehicle was right behind me on my left and right. Why la they can just let me passed? Stupid road. I wonder who designed that stretch of road? I wonder how many near miss accidents? I wonder how many accident has taken place there?

So, I drove happily this morning to work.... I am glad, I am still alive and in one piece. Thank you God.

7 comments:

Nurul Abid said...

Thank God u live to tell us the stories and for us to learn a thing or two. Th first story reminds me of the botol sos tomato and topi keledar ad..

P/S: Chief-of-despatch? Now I know who to call to do my errands..:)

kawaii_desu said...

hmmm...

dont u always get electrocuted? some other way hehehe

anyway forget that. now bout the action on the highway. i'm also like u la tok, not knowing the names but for me bukan jalan tu yg bodo, but the two yg kepit u tu la yg tak berapa pandai.

ME said...

NASIB baik ada lagi nak post update... we are just human sometimes makes mistake la

trueblue said...

Ish..nasib baik you ok...

Dade Ghost said...

Nurul ya thank God... I believe God has His reason... its a reminder to all of us...

KD sometimes I wonder la, y la drivers on the road cannot practice defensive driving? Semuanya nak cepat...

Farmie, with electricity, ALWAYS shut down the power.....

TB thanks I am ok... so u have updated?? Y took so long??

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

last nite i watched desperate housewives..and i was so fascinated on how the sexy plumber come to the house and "fix" and everything...

do u think i really need a plumber to fix my water pipe..

ok ok ok..i know, im goin "too much" already

Dade Ghost said...

Kuzz sincerely not too much.... only thing is that I am not a sexy plumber.... wakakaka....!


Origin