Monday, April 23, 2007

Learning Bahasa Malaysia.

I am perturb, that I actually do not know a lot of words in Bahasa Malaysia! I think it is different than Bahasa Melayu...... Someone that is knowledgeable on this matter can enlighten me please....

So for today, I hope some of us can learn a new word :

Gesper : Buckle; device through which a belt or strap is threaded to secure it.

How many of us actually knows the Bahasa Malaysia word for buckle is actually "gesper"?

I hope to find more Bahasa Malaysia words to learn and share with all of us.

Have a great Monday!

13 comments:

Diyanazman said...

camana sebutan nya tu?

SteLLaR said...

I learn a lot when i join public sector. Lagi rasa DEM! ceteknya BM language ku...

Dade Ghost said...

DI, I tau ejaan je la...mungkin bunyi lebih kurang hantu katun Casper tu kot?

Stell looks like it is true, the more we learn, the less we realise we know....

Faze said...

i took the liberty to link u in my blog. hope u dont mind.

ubisetela said...

the word sounds very indonesian... never heard of it.

Dade Ghost said...

Hey Missie no problem... hope u dont mind if I link to yours too....

Ubi me also la.... that is why I am trying to find more words...

sina said...

DG & ubisetela - i do quite agree with you guys, gesper sounds indonesianish. and how do we pronounce it?

Tynna said...

I failed in Malay language...so gua taktau!

Dade Ghost said...

MA the pronounciation I dont know la... maybe with Indonesian tone.

But if it is Indonesian word, I think KH would know....

KH... u fail Bahasa Melayu???

ili said...

macam bahase jawa je uncle...ambik kamus mane ni??i'll ask my mom,she's BM n sastera teacher..

Dade Ghost said...

Ili it is Malay la... but maybe taken from Indon... but I asked the Indon, it is not their language... Ask your mom ok, and let me know. Thanks.

Apples said...

Thanks for sharing! For once I thought it was gasp-ah heh :)

Dade Ghost said...

Nur u know where the origin of that word??


Origin