Monday, April 16, 2007

The Short Break


It was planned as 3 days 2 nights getaway. At the last minute, it was changed to a 2 days 1 night affair.

I am disappointed, but that is work. We just follow order. So up to the bosses to change schedules at their wimps and fancy…..

Drove down to Awana Kijal. I have always loved traveling, especially on my own. So the 3 ½ hours drive from Kuala Lumpur was wonderful. With the new highway, it was smooth all the way until Kuantan.

From Kuantan to Kijal is still the state road, traveling thru the villages. I do not usually drive fast, but this time, I just drove fast even when I went thru Chukai. There are some changes to the road and route. Signboards were not sufficient. At least once I missed a junction.

My first time to Awana Kijal. Yes it is as beautiful and nice as everyone has said it would be. There is something for everyone.


Sunrise in Awana Kijal.

One can rest in the banana garden......

Huge swimming pool. Kids and adults will have lots of fun there. Hehehe.. I do not swim, so I just watched.

Beautiful beach. Beware of the waves. It looks menacing. I grew up in the west coast we do not have waves that huge and menacing. Lots of water sports activities one can choose from.

I kind of like this picture....

Of course they have the game room, the giant chess and snake and ladder!

Entrance to the sauna, especially for the ladies.

But the most famous is the golf course. As I am not a golfer, I dare not say anything much, accept that the course looks green and well taken care off! Judging by the way our Chairperson is smiling, it must be a great course…..

Will I go there again?…… well maybe…. Somehow I compare it to London. Hehehe…. Too expensive for normal salaried people like me.

12 comments:

Tynna said...

I'm first again Dade Ghost hehe...
hmmm..in the 4 yrs that I travelled to and fro Kl and S'pore...I have seen nothing!

I would like to take a Malaysian tour someday and see all the beautiful places Malaysia boasts of..and shop, shop, shop!

That's a beautiful place you went to Dade Ghost...serene and calm..:)

Faze said...

you just brought forth all those memories which had been buried deep..

Dade Ghost said...

KH in my blog, u will always be first! Ya u should take the tour, to some island like Pulau Sibu(near Mersing, Johor), and like Awana Kijal or Club Med(actually I have never been to Club Med), and there are some old palaces u can go..... Let me compile some that I know and recommend you the places....

Missie? I hope it was wonderful memories..... Allah bless you!

suzequatro said...

i need a break..arghh

Zetty said...

terujanyaaa tengok all the pics. rasa mcm nak ke situ sekarang jugak.

Tynna said...

Dade Ghost...my fren just came back frm a fishing trip at Pulau Sibu..when she told me she had arrived in Sibu , I tot it was Sabah and I told her to get me some nice pottery..then she laffed and said...Sibu Jb la bodoh!

I need a holiday anyway..so I gotta plan soon:D

Dade Ghost said...

SuziQ go for a break la.... weekend getaways... nearby also have... Genting will be nice, and I have never been there!!!!

Zet just for your info, government rate is much cheaper..... Even though I would not recommend u to swim there.. but the water sports are actually varieties.

KH Sibu Island is ok.... The beach actually looks like a postcard! And another one nearby is Pulau Apil ( I call it Pulau Apel). But if u really like Island, try Pulau Kapas.

Nour said...

aiseyman..cantiknye looking at pics I am so in need of a breakla....bila la nak pi ni...

Dade Ghost said...

Nour take a short break la... or maybe the week of May 1 and 2... take April 30th holiday... and presto u will have 5 days of holiday.....

Apples said...

Wow, the place looks fabulous!

ili said...

uncle..nape takde gambar uncle???hehe saye rase mesti ramai yang nak nengok uncle kan kan kan ...;p

Dade Ghost said...

Nur, u always travel down to Malaysia... If I am not mistaken u even go to the border towns.... One of these days, u better go to Awana Kijal.... but at least stay 3 days 2 nights....

Ili pandai la kamu! Mana ada orang nak tengok gambo uncle yg hitam, pendek, gemok dan berkerepot ni!!! Ada orang baca blog uncle pun... dah kira ok la tu....


Origin