Saturday, April 14, 2007

Mistaken Identity.

It was at night, even with the lights on, I was not sure what it was.

We were at the "Kandang Kambing" and decided to stay overnight. As it was already late, I went to one of the hut to take some matresses for us to sleep on.

As I was just about to take the matress, I realised something has made holes in it, and the foams werestrewn all over the floor. Two more mattreses needed to be burn.

Just when I was about to pull the matress away, I thought it was a big rat that scuttles away. It jolted me a little. Went out off the hut, to give sometime for the rat family to find its way to another home.

30 minutes later, I went back to pick up the hole infested matress to be burn. Was pulling one up, when there was a movement that jolted me again. I dont really like those big rats!

What the heck, I just picked up the matress and took it out to my friends. Yes we thought it was a big rat. The thing was in the mattress, running in it! One of my friends took a stick and beat the poor "rat" to death.

I thought that was it. And went to the hut to pick up the other mattress with one big hole. Then I heard a shrieking sound. Holy cow, that rat leaves her babies behind. At least that was what went thru my mind.

I groped thru the hole in the mattress. First I found one baby. It was quite. Then another shrieking sound! It seems there is one other baby that has wondered off to the edge of the mattress. Managed to get it out. I found only two babies........

Now what to do with these two orphans? I do not really like rats remember? Eventhough I use to have at least 50 hamsters, but rats, still give me the creeps......

Out off guilt, I pries open the other mattress where their mother was bludgeon to death. Behold, it was a mistaken identity. I really felt so lousy then!


These are the two orphans. Anybody wants them? Do not worry another friend is fending them now. At least they were receptive to being feed with tin milk....... Better call up my friend to see how the orphans are doing......

12 comments:

ubisetela said...

oh.. poor orphans..

what would your friend do when these two grow up? rat-pets?

Faze said...

eeeeeeewwwwwwww! BIG TIME!

JIE said...

Those squirrels are just as pesky as rats la DG, plenty of those running around in PJ. Got my dad quite miffed last week, coz they 'tebuk' all the ripe papayas on the tree in our backyard hehehe.

Tynna said...

yucks...

GoRgEoUs CeO said...

so cute!!!

Can I have one?

Diyanazman said...

menatang apa tu?? tak paham la dade tulis apa....
tupai ke??? kalau tupai, i nak sekor...

Dade Ghost said...

Ubi, it was a squirrel la. So they make good pets but, it happens that cats like to eat them too... so need to take care of them from being eaten by cats....

Missie, they are cute la.... I actually gave them milk using syringe...

Jie, tu la tak sangka yg si tupai ni buat sarang kat dalam tilam!

KH ermmm... u dont like cute babies?? Hehehe....

BT wish I can send u one....

DI, hehehe tupai la tu... nanti kalau my fren tu dapat besarkan, I minta dia bagi kat u satu....

Diyanazman said...

Dulu I ada tupai..pastu Azman lupa bagi makan..pastu terus mati... huwaaa....
bagi la i sekor tupai tu dade...wawawa!

ubisetela said...

laaa... tupai ka...
heheh.. tak kenal. I've seen some baby tupai before, but they were still pink!

Dade Ghost said...

Di, nanti I tanya kawan I tu... tak janji dapat, jangan nangis la....

Ubi all babies born pink kot? I nearly mistook it as rats, I do have pics feeding them milk, but I did not put it up.....

Juan Pablo said...

"eeeewww.." .. taaak bleyy angkat..

Dade Ghost said...

Hey Kali, where u have been la?? Your business must have been good.....


Origin