Monday, February 12, 2007

Wishing it to be true.

Yeah I know its Monday. Yeah I know last week was tough for me! Not to mention it was hectic.

I am trying to lie to myself, that today is not Monday. I woke up this morning really thinking it was Friday. Not that I have been working thru the weekend, but was busy in Penang for a cousin's wedding. So there goes my weekend.

My boss called me up last Friday. Telling me the Jakarta project will be on. Ah, thats the one I am wishing to be true. I have waited for more than a year now. Of course the boss promised to put me in charge of it, but still, there are his partners. The partners might not agree.

I remembered five years ago, when I was supposedly called for an interview by my current boss partners to run one of the affiliated company. I was told to wait outside, and in the end, no interview at all. Somehow, my boss partner, a Dato' thinks I was not good enough. Yeah, a big dent to my credibility and etc. .......

Now that I am running another affiliate company of my boss, which the Dato has no interest, I feel safe. When I asked to head the Jakarta outfit, I thought the Dato was not in the picture. He was not in the picture as I recalled. Sometime third quarter of 2006, my boss told me, he did not secure the Jakarta project.

Then last Friday, he told me he is going to Jakarta this 15th of February to sign the agreement. So he asked me to prepare myself the possibility of going to Jakarta in March. Ermm... then he told me the involvement of the Dato. It seems the Dato secured the project for him. Well, I would love the job, but I dont know if I am in. Wish me luck people..... I need all the prayers from everyone.

But then again, maybe it is better if I am not in. The Dato has a reputation of not getting along with his subordinate, unless you are into politics or kiss his arse. Which I am neither..... lets see what happens in March.

I have never been to Jakarta. So I am excited if I can get to go there.......

No comments:


Origin