Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Japanese Buffet - A wonderful experience.

I am not a Japanese food enthusiastic. Maybe I have eaten Japanese food in a few restaurants. In fact I had a very bad experience eating Japanese cuisine in one of the leading hotel in Petaling Jaya. The food does not go well with my weak stomach.

About two weeks ago I had the opportunity to eat in Japanese restaurant in Wisma UOA, buffet style. I had eaten before in a Japanese restaurant beside Menara Telekom. At RM 19.90 on a Tuesday of the week if I am not mistaken and buffet style, it was a bargain. The food was comparatively ok to my standard.

So when I went to eat at Wisma UOA I was expecting about the same experience, even though the price was about RM 39 ++ for the lunch buffet. Lunch begins at 12 noon, ends at 2 30 pm, if I am not mistaken.

(By now, I think some of you readers have realized that I am very bad when it comes to names. Even peoples’ name, I tend to forget easily. So it is not surprising that I cannot even remember streets name. Imagine me trying to show the way to a certain location, “ You go three blocks, then you will see a fire station, turn left, and go another half a kilometer, then you will see a junction, then you look for a mosque on your right….. Ermm anyone out there just like me??)

Back to the Japanese food story. This place (hehehe… yes I forgot its name!) the ambience was just ok. And the patrons were mostly Japanese! At least it was, when I was there a few weeks ago. I do feel that I was not in Malaysia when I entered the restaurant. Even had a tough time communicating with the waiters there. That is a minus point.


As usual I browsed thru the foods first. I find the choices are amazing. As I am not a fan of those raw Japanese foods, I went for more that is familiar to my taste bud. One can find lamb, crabs, prawns, fish, duck and of course chicken. So I took a small portion of each to sample. It tasted different but palatable to me. Surprisingly most of it was very tasty.

There were too many dishes that I did not even get to sample those so called Japanese food. Of course they have fruits. Locals unfortunately, or are our fruits the same as the Japanese? As I am an ice cream lover…. It just made my day, when they have a selection of ice cream, but they do not have toppings! Ermm….

Overall, I would recommend that you should at least try it out once. Me, I have to avoid that “green” thing. That can cause a major upset to my weak stomach. Don’t ask me the names of the Japanese foods. I can only remember “California Roll”…….


P/S: Went surfing and got the name…. Saisaki Japanese Buffet Restaurant.

10 comments:

suzequatro said...

i dont appreciate raw food. hence, i puked when i had sushi. heh.

Diyanazman said...

i think when u said the green thing u were referring to wasabi..oh yeah! that thing is nasty...
by the way my name is Diyana...

ubisetela said...

nice spread!
i love sushi, salmon sashimi, rolls & tempura.. yummsss *drool*
as i'm writing this my flatmate is making sushi in d kitchen. yeay!!

Dade Ghost said...

SuziQ definitely u r not a Japanese food lover.

Hi Di, making fun of me huh?? Yeah that wasabe thing does run havocs in my stomach.

Ubi, u r a Japanese food lover. Ever tried eating chicken raw?

ubisetela said...

I think I can only eat raw thingy that come from the sea/water.. not chicken or beef etc. I don't think i wanna try.

cpj said...

shud try jogoya in klcc.. more food and more expensive.

JIE said...

I'm so gonna try this place! I like japanese food, but since takdak geng nak explore restaurants, I've only been to the fastfood version - sushi king la.

I'm sure a proper restaurant has more varieties. Fresh raw salmon sedap aper!! Yummy sashimi...

Dade Ghost said...

Jie, boleh cubatry! Tak le semahal yang kat KLCC tu.... and post it on your blog! Tapi, as I am your unofficial diet warden... hehehe... make sure stick to your diet!!

Nour said...

DG,
I dulu cant stand Japanese food but eversince I went to Japan last year I fall in love with the food..and now am a crazy lover of japanese food :)
P/S: Have tried Saisaki, memang sedap :)

Dade Ghost said...

Nour, hehehe, I dont even know how to order in a Japanese restaurant, so it is easier when it is buffet style....

So u know how to speak Japanese???


Origin