Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The truth.

What is the truth?

I have always wondered.

I remembered the story of a boy got caught stealing food as he was very hungry. Was it that everybody wanted to punish him severely? Then somebody came and told all of them something like this, "You may punish the boy, but the one that can punish him must be someone that have never stolen....".

So I was just merely thinking..... why do I make so much fuss when someone is not telling me the truth? I would like to know, is there anybody out there that has never lied in his/her life time?

However, I am still adamant that one must not lie. Then again, it cross my mind, is telling the truth nothing but the truth is the best policy?

And then, there is the question, what is considered a lie? What is half truth? Is there such thing as half truth? Or the degree of the lie or truth??? Ermm... I am perplex...

Now I am wondering, when is someone considered to be a liar? I guess all of us is a liar, at one time or another? That reminds me what the old folks tried to tell me when I was much younger.... pointing a finger to accuse a person he is a liar.... there are at least three more of your own fingers pointing at yourself!

Why dont life have a clear line to differentiate the negative and positive attributes? Like the devil and angel. We human being is the one that is blur, right smack inbetween them. Sometimes we are an angel and sometimes we can be the devil!........

18 comments:

suzequatro said...

i lie sometimes or quite a lot of time to :

1)safe other people's life
2)make other people happy

so am i an angel or devil?

ili said...

i lied a lot..mostly to myself..trying to be an angle to someone but being a devil to myself...it's killing..dont know how long i can manage to stay like this..

Nour said...

yikes..guilty as charged..I do lie..to save my ass sometimes :P

Tynna said...

I'm sure I lied a lot when I was young Dade Ghost, sometimes to get things my way..as an adult, I try my best not to lie and say things bluntly...
sometimes the truth hurts but it cures..

We can differentiate the negative and positive attributes in life Dade Ghost...it is called CHOICE..

Lying all the time becomes a habit , difficult to break...so tell the truth all the time, it will save a lot of time to think of the next lie and how to say it

Dade Ghost said...

SuziQ, only u can tell whether u r an angel or a devil.

Ehem ehem Ili, why do I sense u r going thru a period of uncertainty with a tinge of regret?? Reading u thru your purdah....

Nour we are only human.... thus those that say they never lied, is a liar... Oooops dont take heart (ambil hati)....

KH as usual I agree with u... I think we have gone thru the mills of life. And u hit it right on about CHOICE. Thinking about it, WE do have CHOICES....

Diyanazman said...

to some people i just cannot lie... they can see right through me...
tsk tsk...need to find another method to save my arse when the need arises..hehehe

Ili tu saja buat drama je tuh..hehe

Dade Ghost said...

Di, good la no need to lie. One lie leads to another.. and the lie just gets bigger..... Even a "white" lie can be devastating...

Hehehe... Ili u drama queen ya???

ili said...

diyana saje dengki ngan aku..but Di,hang pnah tgk aku nagis tak??
DG, i'm just a drama princess..hehe

Dade Ghost said...

Aik terus pakai purdah Ili?? Di kamu cite sikit kenapa si Ili ni nangis??

Ke dia memang manja....

ili said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ili said...

eheheh takut org tu read my face..huhu
saye tak manje la...(but my hubby keep telling me that i'm manje n lembik,huhu hampess)

Dade Ghost said...

Ili, kalau hubby dah kata u manja lagi lembik tu... memang sah la....

Diyanazman said...

Ili mana ada pakai purdah...
dia tu ratu lipstick mabelline dan seluar levis! kehkehkeh..
tapi bab manja tu memang betul la.. tak caya tanya sape lipat baju dia skrg?? kuang kuang kuang!
sorry iLI, i lap you..

Dade Ghost said...

Di, betul ka hubby dia lipat baju dia sekarang??Ratu lipstick mabelline!! Seluak Levis!!! Memang... kuang kuang kuang.....

Hehehe... I like both of u Di and Ili... good friends should last forever!

ili said...

heheh hampess di membocorkan rahsiaku..kekeke..malu i kat DG..;p Di aku dah lame tak pakai lipstik mebelin tuh,la ni pakai shiseido..cewah..kekeke.
DG,i like u too, hehehe

Dade Ghost said...

Ili tak payah malu wei.... kena malu bertempat....

Apples said...

Well uncle..it's really a matter of choice;)

Dade Ghost said...

Nur, it is more than that. If it just choices, very simple, but one must also be responsible for making that choice..... that is the tough one...


Origin