Saturday, March 31, 2007

Visiting The Hospital Is Becoming The Routine.

Yesterday went to the hospital to visit an uncle who is in the ICU due to the colon cancer. He had a major operation on Wednesday to take out one foot of his big stomach. So I figure yesterday was a good day to visit, so that he can rest and recuperate.

On the way it reminds me of my auntie who had the same operation about two months ago. Actually she was supposedly to undergo the operation much earlier, but it has to be postponed as the doctors found out that her heart has some blockage. Three arteries if I am not mistaken.

So they had to send her to IJN and have her heart repaired. Then when she had recovered, they had the surgery to remove her colon cancer. I did not asked to what extent her intestine or stomach was taken out. I do not know, but hearing those stories makes my guts turns upside down. (Hehehe... I wanted to be a hired killer at one time. Funny to think that a hired killer can be effected adversely by the sight of blood or something gory! I guess that is why I never pursue that career.)

Thank Allah almighty, she is well now, and actually left the hospital three days after the surgery. So I was comparing the situation. My auntie, went to a government hospital, and she left after three days. My uncle went to a private hospital, and he is still in ICU! Erm... all those double standard ideas rushed to my head.


So, when I reached the hospital where my uncle is, I went straight to the ICU and looked for him. There he was, just like the sight that I imagine would be. Groaning in pain..... I hate ICUs. In one corner I saw a new born baby, I can see he/she breaths with the help of a respiratory machine. I can see the heart beating fast.......

Back to my uncle. His heart was actually beating at an average of 130 per minute. Apparently the day before it was averaging at 145 per minute. At this rate, his heart will fail him. They have to operate him fast as his cancer was at a late stage, thus they did not do anything for the heart. It seems as we get older our heart has more issues.

My assumption that government hospital send back their patient early is not true. I apologise to all the people that I unintentially condemn. And my assumption that private hospital holds back their patients as long as possible to make more money is also not true. I also apologise. I salute and thank you all, may Allah show your cause to be just and be of great service to all mankind. (Of course they are black sheeps in any community.)

It has become a norm for me lately to go to the hospital to see the old folks sick or dying. The feeling is something that I cannot describe. How do you tell an uncle, he is dying. All you can do is whisper, that we will pray for the best from Allah.

Take care of our body now, and maybe we will not have to go thru all those sufferings. I pray to Allah that we all shall be spared for any sufferings for all the sins we have done. Ameen.

10 comments:

GoRgEoUs CeO said...

The costs of the medical bill may be an issue to some too.. That's why we emphasise on the insurance coverage.

I pray for your aunt and uncle speedy recovery.

Ameen.

Tynna said...

Dade Ghost..nowadays there are so many sicknesses, most are silent killers..

go for regular checkups and never delay if you feel something is not right with yr body..
Doctors are very well learned now and they can save us if we attend to our sickness early..

eat right and exercise...that's my motto now and I feel good...now to take my asthma seriously and get rid of it altogether!

I hope yr uncle will be better soon and yr auntie too

Dade Ghost said...

BT yes it is true, some dare not even consult better private doctors, as the cost is too high....

KH eating and exercise the right way is a must nowadays. Knowing what is available out there is an advantage... we can always try our best.

Zetty said...

Personally, I believe that kes hospital gomen vs hospital private ni memang betul2 bergantung pada nasib orang. Like my friend, doctor gomen tolak mak dia awal2 when he mother was suffering of breast cancer. terus dia pindahkan mak dia to a private hospital. Alhamdulillah, mak dia sihat sekarang.

Jadiknya, for me memang takde hard and fast rule abt hospital gomen and private hospital. rezeki masing2.

Dade Ghost said...

Zet lucky for your friend la. What I was actually having in my mind was that gomen hospital ni will send back patient asap, and the private will hold them back longer... all due to financial situation...

Lady Gargle said...

Uh I hate ICU too gives me the creep. But I do hope that your uncle recovers soon.

Dade Ghost said...

Thanks Frank. So u made it thru the ban???

Nour said...

I hope everything goes well for your uncle...Yeah true..sometimes hosp gomen tu yg bagus...never underestimate their capabilities :)

Dade Ghost said...

Nour, my uncle is now out off ICU. However he is still not that well. I guess at his age, it takes time to recover. Thanks.

ili said...

DG, i work in gov hospital,well sebenarnya setiap doktor nak minimise kan mase patient di wad,lagi lama maksudnye perawatan tak bagus,or healing process utk patient to slow,actually depend on patient,mane yang kuat semangat cepat balik umah,lagi pun ppl healing faster at their home..me my self,went back home after one day my appendics being remove and three day back at home after my tibia been plating..stay in the hospital make u sick even more...;p


Origin