Friday, January 05, 2007

(Foolish) Knight of the round (square) table - The End

Later that day I checked back the sequence of event that leads to the boss giving the call. Apparently, D was aware of the complaint letter from the client a few days before the company received it. D did wrote an email to the boss, cc to me, forewarning of the said letter. As an F..K, I did not realise the full impact until it hits me right up my nose......

And apparently, D was made aware by the boss, of my complaint about D. D knows that the boss backs D up. Guess it was well orchestrated by D. No wonder D was so sweet in asking me to approve the content of the letter.

So what to do?

I set up an appointment with the client who wrote the letter. I decided to do the meeting outside the office and after six pm. Not macho la.... if the client decide to scold me at least not infront of my team.

Pleasant surprise..... the client was very apologetic about the complaint letter. If they know it involved my department, they would have not wrote the letter. They were aware of how dedicated and hardworking my department has been(kembang B___t_t!) and very happy to work directly with us. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Only God knows what when thru my heart!

Called up the boss immediately after the meeting.

FK : Boss, met up with the client. Settled the matter.
Boss : Really ka?
FK : Yes boss, and they will be working very closely with our operation people to solve all existing issues.
Boss : So why the complaint letter?
FK : That one you got to ask Business Development group.

End.

The rest was history. D took a long three months leave ending on the 31st of December 2006. On January 3rd, 2007 D resigned.

Was it because of me D resigned? I dont think so. It was D's own doing. Office politics never pays in the long run......

2 comments:

Zetty said...

oh man, u definitely have one guardian angel looking after you.

glad that it all ends, oh well, almost-well. hehehe.

Dade Ghost said...

Yeah I thank my guardian angels, see I think I have more than one.

More company politics brewing.... see if I will survive.


Origin