Saturday, January 27, 2007

Personal Preferences.

Went for dinner at Village View Bangi. A friend recommended it to me. If you are familliar with Bangi, you can get there via the Kajang toll exit on the KL-Seremban highway. Go towards Bangi, opposite the Selaman Industry. The entry is the road just before Petronas gas station on your left.

I ordered grilled chicken chop with blended strawberry to satisfy my hunger and quench my thirst. The others ordered fried chicken chop, grilled lamb chop, Tom Yam and Mee Udang.

The friend that recommended me there was comparing Village View to Yankees Hut. Yankees Hut happened to be at the same road, but just before Shell gas station (or was it Esso?). The friend told me that Village View overall is better than Yankees Hut, so that was the reason I went to Village View.

I felt like some famous food/eatery critic. Savoring the order I made, and even tasting some of what my other friends ordered. That is when I realised. Personal preferences actually weight heavy on our judgement.

Or maybe the cook at Village View was having a bad day when preparing our order. He he he this is my judgement:

Ambience : I like Yankees Hut better. However, Village View is cosy too.

Service : Village View was slow, but Yankees Hut was much slower.

Price : Yankees Hut a little bit more expensive.

Food : Overall I prefer Yankees Hut. Village View grilled chicken chop if I give a rating of 1 to 10, it is 4! The blended strawberry was just ok. The Tom Yam was too hot, this is by the standard of a Tom Yam lover. The Chicken Chop was below standard so was the grilled lamb chop. The Mee Udang was acceptable.

Overall : I PREFER Yankees Hut. It has a speciality of fried mushroom and it has private dining area where you can sit and dine like the Japanese ala Malaysian. Some of the private dining area are actually on trees.

Like I said, if you are so use to eating your Mama's cooking, you will swear that her cooking is the best! Something like acquired taste....... Me I would like to think of it, it is your Personal Preferences. Ain't it not the same when we choose our lovers??

No comments:


Origin